Saturday, November 25, 2006

He's here!


Hi All-

Our baby was born on precisely on his due date: 11/22/06 at 7:15pm. Labor was very fast- only 1 hour and 45 min from water breaking to birth- so fast, in fact that we almost didn’t make it to the hospital in time! It was fairly intense, for Nate most of all. We barely made it to the labor and delivery ward, and believe it or not, I had the baby right then and there in the hallway in front of the nurses station. So no doula, no doctor, but I did get about 10 nurses to huddle around me and Nate delivered the baby.

Toby weighed in at 7 lbs 9 oz, measured 19.5 inches long, and very healthy. We were sent home Friday and adjusting to our new situation- Luckily, as you know I have lots of help, not only daily visits from my Mom, but Nate has a whole week of paternity leave off!

Best,
Erika, Nate, and Toby Segraves